1. What was the Treaty of Paris?
2. How did Castro’s industrial, political and social policies differ from that of Batista’s?
3. How did USA react to the Cuban Revolution?
4. Describe the Bay of Pigs invasion.
5. What were the repercussions of the Bay of Pigs fiasco on USA?
6. What was the October Crisis?
7. What was the Ex-Comm?
8. What were Kennedy’s options when the presence of missiles in Cuba was uncovered?
9. What were the long term consequences of the Cuban missile crisis?
10. What were the short term consequences of the Cuban missile crisis?
11. What were Khrushchev’s letters about?
1) Why was the Guantanamo Bay important for America?
2) Why did America become involved in Cuba?
3) Why were the Cubans unhappy with American involvement?
4) Why was there tension between Cuba and America in 1959?
5) Why were American tourists attracted to Cuba?
6) Why did the Americans not like Castro’s Cuba?
7) Why did the Bay of Pigs invasion fail?
8) Why did the USSR place missiles in Cuba?
a) The Cuban Missile Crisis would have resulted in a Nuclear War. How far do you agree with this statement? Explain your answer.
b) The Cuban Missile Crisis was a success for the Policy of Containment. How far do you agree with this statement? Explain your answer.
c) Khrushchev benefitted the most from the Cuban missile crisis. How far do you agree with this statement? Explain your answer.