1) What was Article 42 of the UN Charter?
2) What was the 38th parallel?
3) What was the US attitude towards the invasion of South Korea?
4) Describe the Inchon incident.
5) What were the results of the Korean War for the UNO?
a) Why did North Korea invade South Korea in June 1950?
b) Why did the UNO call for elections in Korea in 1947?
c) Why did the UNO become involved in Korea by 1950?
d) Why was the Security Council Resolution not vetoed in June 1950?
e) Why was Formosa a turning point in the Far East during the Cold War?
f) Why was the Battle of Pork Chop Hill fought? (same reasons for Battle of Bloody Ridge and Battle of Heartbreak Ridge)
1. The UNO action in Korea was overwhelmingly American in character. To what extent do you agree with this statement. Explain your answer.
2. The UNO failed to achieve its objective of a ‘unified, independent and democratic government’ in Korea. To what extent do you agree with this statement. Explain your answer.
3. In Korea, the UNO was simply a tool of the USA. To what extent do you agree with this statement. Explain your answer.